Monday, July 14, 2008

Briticisms

So, when I wrote my story a couple weeks ago about the two boys in England, I told you all that there are Brit-picking websites. Well, I can't find the one I saw a while ago, but I can give you a lot of links to look at so you can see the extent to which this is important to people. (All pages will open into a new window.)

Fiction Alley's Britpicking Forum This is from a popular Harry Potter archieve, and you can ask questions and get answers to some Briticisms.

British-English Lexicon This site will alloy you to put in words and see what their counterpart would be. Fun and interactive. ;)

British Dictionary An alphabetical list of words in British with their American counterpart listed.

Hope that helps! :D

2 comments:

Bel~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bel~ said...

You might also want to check out this site:
http://english2american.com/
I find it hilarious!